Employee Assistance Program
Family Services of Central Massachusetts
Just Because Work Starts, Doesn't Mean Life Stops
Find Out Why an Employee Assistance Program May Be Just What Your Company Needs!
Reduce absenteeism, on the job accidents and turnover in your place of business.
Family Services of Central Massachusetts offers Employee Assistance Programs to companies seeking effective and professional solutions to providing the mental health counseling and assistance their employees need.
The workplace environment is constantly changing. As an employer, it is no longer realistic to expect that when work starts, life stops. In today’s busy world employees are not only bringing themselves to work, but they are also bringing in, along with them, many personal issues that can often affect their productivity. Employee Assistance Programs have been shown to save employers anywhere from $5 to $16 for every dollar that is invested in the program, according to the Wyatt Report.
Core Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Services
- Employee Consultation: The EAP provides quick easy access to EAP Case Managers that will consult with the employee face to face or via telephone.
- Supervisory Consultation: Consultation services for supervisors on effectively addressing workplace issues.
- Training: Training is provided for employees on how to appropriately use and access the EAP and for supervisors on how to recognize a troubled employee and effective use of the EAP.
- Account Management: You will be assigned a personal account manager to work with you and develop an ongoing plan to implement the EAP into the workplace and company policies. Tools to encourage program utilization are also provided.
- Access: Easy access is provided via an 800 number. Day and evening appointments are available and will be arranged within a maximum of three working days. 24-hour telephone coverage is provided. Emergencies are handled immediately.
Benefits of Employee Assistance Programs
Your personalized Employee Assistance Program can help with almost any personal or work-related issue. Here are some examples:
- Alcohol/Drug Concerns
- Stress – personal or work related
- Family Issues
- Elder care concerns
Services for Caregivers
Many working people are also tasked with the difficult balancing act of juggling their career, their family’s needs and the challenge of caring for an aging relative. An Employee Assistance Program can be of great benefit to them as we assist families to evaluate any service needs the elder may have as well as provide resources to meet those needs. Further, our clinicians can help caregivers to deal with the stress that comes from performing this delicate juggling act.
Access and Confidentiality
How will my employees access the Employee Assistance Program?
Accessing EAP services is easy and confidential. Employees simply call Family Services at (508) 756-4646. They will be directed to our intake department where a Masters level clinician will talk to them about their issue and schedule and appointment. There is no pre-authorization needed. Just have them mention the name of the company they work for and we will take it from there.
As a new feature, they can also email us directly at EAP@fscm.org and we will get in touch with them to set up an appointment.
What kind of confidentiality can my employees expect to receive?
The Employee Assistance Program provided through Family Services of Central Massachusetts is a completely confidential service. Your privacy is always protected to the fullest extent of the law. No one in your company will find out that used the service and no identifying information can be released without a signed release from you or unless mandated by law.
Clinicians are mandated to report to the law in the following instances:
- When a person is going to harm him/herself or someone else
- When there is child abuse or elder abuse
If you are interested in developing an Employee Assistance Program at your company or are interested in hearing more about our services please contact us by phone or email.