Our Family is Here to Help Yours
Aging in place is preferred by most seniors and can often be the most cost-effective option.
For over sixty years, Family Services of Central Massachusetts Home Care has provided care for people living at home who need extra support or assistance with the activities of daily living.
Our experienced home care aides and professional office staff are dedicated individuals who are well-trained and well equipped to care for your loved one. The commitment to excellence that each of our aides brings to the job provides peace of mind.
We pride ourselves on how their attention to detail and expertise consistently meets the needs of the clients and families we serve. Family Services is grateful for the dedication of our home care aides – some of whom have been with us and our clients for over 30 plus years.
Aging in Place – The Trend Among Baby Boomers
At some point all of us will face the question of how to live out our golden years. Rather than moving into assisted living facilities more and more of us choosing to stay at home.
In fact, a 2019 study by Chase found that 88% of baby boomers have plans to renovate their homes and are clearly not planning to anywhere soon.
What is Aging in Place?
In the past, seniors were encouraged to move into assisted living facilities where they could be monitored by a trained staff. This was reassuring to their loved ones but that position doesn’t hold water with today’s aging community. People today value independent living and aging in place allows them not to compromise their Quality of Life.
Here are a few of the many benefits:
Your home is where you raised you family and have countless memories; the surroundings are familiar; its comfortable and probably where feel the most secure.
It’s long been known that by living at home you are less likely to contract a disease. Studies show that over 25% of seniors in nursing homes have weakened immune systems and are much more susceptible to illness.
You control your life! Where to go, what to eat, what you do and when to do it. Choosing to live at home allows you to maintain your independence.
Assisted living facilities are expensive – there’s just two ways about it. Why not invest in in-home care and build a safe, supporting environment right in your own home?
Let the talented, professional and passionate Home Care aids of Family Services of Central Massachusetts help you live life to its fullest in the comfort of your own home.
- Companionship: Providing company, conversation and care
- Respite Care: We take care of a loved one when you need to take care of you
- Personal Care: Assistance with personal hygiene, bathing and dressing done with respect and dignity
- Light Housekeeping: Helping to make things neat and tidy. This includes many common household chores
- Meal Preparation: Preparing snacks or light meals so they are ready and available when needed
- Laundry: Let us use the washer and dryer for you
- Shopping: Done at the nearest grocery store
- Prescription Pickup: Medication pickup done at the nearest pharmacy
- Transportation: Escorting you door to door for medical appointments and services. One must be able to get in and out of the vehicle without assistance.
Do You Have Any of the Following Concerns?
- Are you comfortable with the elder in your life being home alone?
- Do you know if your aging-in-place senior is eating properly?
- Are you concerned that your senior loved one is spending too much time alone?
- Do you need help getting miscellaneous chores done to allow for more quality time to spend with your elderly parent?
When you or a loved one needs some extra support to get through some trying times or they just need a little extra assistance with the tasks of daily living, let the home care aids at Family Services of Massachusetts step in to lend a hand.
Our caregivers are trained to meet your needs and the needs of your aging-in-place loved one. We understand that making the choice to receive in home care services can be an emotional and difficult decision. Find out how our trained home care professionals can help ease that stress!
Please call or email and let us know how we can best serve you. We will set up a time to visit you at your home, answer questions, discuss your needs, and together as a team develop the best plan for the care you or a loved one needs.
“My Homemaker always goes the extra mile to make sure I have everything I need and need done! I don’t know what I would do without her. Thank you.” - Home Care Services Client
“I monitor all the service my mother receives. My mother is unable to comment about her service because of her health... The current employee has been excellent, and we are pleased with her.” - Client's family member