Workforce Readiness & Employment
ASPiRE! at Seven Hills
Building Skills and a Path to Employment
The Workforce Readiness & Employment Program at Seven Hills ASPiRE! provides vocational training, education and job placement services to adults, 18 and older, who are seeking employment-related services. The goal of the Workforce Readiness & Employment Program is to help individuals with disabilities and brain injury prepare for, obtain, and maintain their highest level of competitive employment.
- Functional Vocational Assessment
- Career Planning
- Resume Development
- Job-Specific Training
- Job Placement
- On-Site Job Coaching
- Specific Skill Development
- Soft-Skill Development
- Interviewing Skills
- Benefits Education / Coordination
Programs models include:
Community-Based Day Supports – provides individuals with the skills needed to develop, enhance, and maintain their competence and confidence in personal, social, and community-based activities. Included in the program are up to 15 hours per week of vocational trainings and work options to develop and foster core skills and vocational attributes necessary for social and vocational independence.
Group Supported Employment – provides valuable on-the-job training to individuals by establishing natural supports within the workplace and preparing individuals for eventual competitive job placement in the community.
Individual Supported Employment (Competitive Job Placement) – person-centered and individualized career planning including vocational assessments lead to securing and maintaining long-term employment in the community through on-site job training, short- and long-term job coaching, and assistance in the development of natural supports.
Competency Training Centers:
- The Kitchen at Seven Hills is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, and is recognized by the National Restaurant Association and ServSafe Certification programs. Staffed by an in-house Chef/Educator, The Kitchen at Seven Hills provides a structured food-service training program designed to prepare participants for a variety of food service-related jobs in the community. Participants help to provide catering and meal preparation for a variety of in-house programs.
- Café Seven Hills are located at three Seven Hills’ sites in Worcester, Massachusetts and Woonsocket, Rhode Island, and a fourth Café is housed in Worcester City Hall. Participants are provided with a structured Café Management Program designed to prepare participants to manage and provide direct retail services within a Café setting.
- Facilities Services Training Center offers a program that provides hands-on training to individuals who are seeking employment in the commercial cleaning industry.
- Auto Detailing is a program that prepares individuals for employement through a partnership with Cleanse Fine Auto Detailing.
- Office Management provides internships and hands-on training for clerical, receptionist, archiving and basic office skills.