RIte @ Home
Shared Living for Adults and Seniors in Rhode Island
Person-Centered Support in a Family Environment
Seven Hills is the premier provider of Shared Living in Rhode Island through the RIte @ Home program. Shared Living supports adults with disabilities and seniors living in the community who are unable to live alone independently. Participants may live either with caregivers who are family members or non-relatives. Person-centered support is provided by a team of professionals, coordinated through Case Managers and Registered Nurses during regular home visits, specialized trainings, and 24-hour support.
Who is Eligible for RIte @ Home?
- Adults who are unable to live alone because of a medical, physical, cognitive, or mental disability
- Adults who require daily assistance with one or more activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Department of Human Services (RI) eligible
Who Can be a RIte @ Home Caregiver?
- Caregivers must be able to devote appropriate time necessary to provide needed personal care to the participant to ensure the participant's safety and well-being at all times.
- The caregiver can be a family member (with the exception of the individual's legal guardian or spouse) or non-family member who has time in their lives and room in their home and is willing to provide assistance and supervision.
- Caregivers must be thoroughly screened and complete an application process.
If you are a family member other than a spouse or legal guardian already caring for a loved one who is eligible for this program, you might qualify for RIte @ Home! If you are interested in becoming a caregiver to an eligible person in your home, call today to begin the screening process!
Click here for the Rhode Island Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) Fact Sheet about Shared Living.