YOU, Inc. Education and Vocational Services
Our Career Pathways Program provides structured academic supports and tutoring to students who have dropped out of a traditional high school and want to attain a High School Equivalency (HiSET), formerly known as the GED, or have graduated and are seeking additional enhanced occupational training skills.
Overview of Services
With smaller classrooms and low student-to-teacher ratios, our students are able to meet with a certified Educational Specialist five days per week, for 3 to 4 hours each day. Students may:
- obtain a High School Equivalency (HiSET) if they have dropped out of a traditional high school,
- develop pre-employment skills,
- explore higher education or career opportunities,
- participate in non-paid internships,
- as funding allows, complete vocational training programs in areas including health care, culinary and food service,
- create and follow a plan to become economically self-sufficient,
- obtain paid work experience.
We offer rolling admissions to the Career Pathways program. Students may begin services at any time during the year, and proceed at the pace that meets their needs; we hold one graduation ceremony for all students in June each year. The Career Pathways Program is funded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act, and provided locally through with the MassHire Region Workforce Board.
Our current vocational training programs include Nursing Assistant and Home Health Aide programs.
The Program has four conveniently located sites in Central Massachusetts.
Eligibility and Referral
To learn more and apply for the program, please contact:
Director, Career Pathways
81 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01604