Seven Hills Behavioral Health Centers are firmly committed to supporting and caring for children of all ages, including the youngest among us. We provide Early Childhood specialty counseling for young children and their caregivers at all our clinic sites. Grant funding to prevent preschool suspension and expulsion also allow us to extend our expertise in consultations and training at preschools and daycare centers throughout Central Massachusetts.
- Children from birth to age 14 and their families
Overview of Services
The Early Childhood Mental Health team provides clinical consultation to parents, teachers, and administrators at childcare sites throughout Central Massachusetts. The program’s purpose is to:
- Promote positive attachment relationships between young children and their adult caregivers
- Enhance the overall mental health of young children
- Prevent suspension and expulsion of preschool-aged children and children in after-school care
- Improve the ability of adult caregivers of young children at home, school, and in the community to respond to challenging behaviors and emotional distress of young children by providing concrete strategies for use in multiple environments
- Increase community awareness about the emotional and behavioral functioning of young children, including the impact of trauma, attachment and regulation needs, early childhood diagnoses, etc.
- Connect young children in need of mental health interventions with clinically appropriate services
The Early Childhood Mental Health program provides early childhood outpatient therapy and consultation services for childcare centers.
Childcare consultations are funded by the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC), and through contracts with local pre-schools and childcare centers. These referrals for are made by childcare center personnel.
Early childhood outpatient therapy is funded by health insurance, including MassHealth and private health insurance. Referrals for outpatient therapy can be made by contacting our Central Referral department.