Residential Options for Children
Therapeutic, Community-Based Residential Homes for Children
Seven Hills operates seven residential homes for children in Worcester, Leominster, Fitchburg and Lunenburg. The children living in these homes have been referred to Seven Hills by the Department of Children and Families or by the Local School System (for children who have a residential school IEP). Children supported have complex needs including co-existing disorders such as Autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, psychiatric disorders and/or emotional disturbance.
The goal of our Intensive Residential program is to:
- identify and ameliorate the obstacles to community based living
- ensure that youth and families develop the necessary skills to function as independently and effectively as possible in their home and community
- promote lifelong connections for all youth supported
Each home or program is supported by a full-time Program/Residence Director and Direct Support Professionals, an Area Director, a Clinical Director/Assistant Vice President who is a licensed Psychologist, a Registered Nurse, and a Master’s-level Clinician/Behavior Specialist.
Each home is supported by a Follow Along Team, consisting of a Master’s-level Clinician and Director Support Professional, to ensure a successful family reunification, post discharge. The goal of Follow Along Services is to promote family reunification by:
- reducing the length of time a youth spends away from his or her home and community
- supporting families to care for their children at home
- ensuring successful transitions from the residential setting to the home/community.