Child & Family Counseling
Ellsworth Child and Family Counseling Center
“I think of Children’s Friend as an agency where staff are excited about their jobs and look forward to coming to work each day. We all share the mutual goal of providing supports and services to improve the overall health and welfare of children and families.” - Dr. Johanna Sagarin
The Ellsworth Child and Family Counseling Center is the largest program at Children’s Friend. It provides high quality mental health services to youth and their families to address a wide range of emotional and behavioral problems, from depression to severe behavioral disorders.
How we can help you
We strive to help families survive difficult times and return to their highest level of functioning. To accomplish this, we work collaboratively with physicians, other mental health and social service providers and schools. We encourage referrals from schools, agencies, hospitals and medical professionals for a wide range of services including individual, group, and family therapy, psychological testing, psychopharmacology, and parent training.
Examples of our services
The Ellsworth Child and Family Counseling Center’s highly skilled staff provide treatment for problems such as:
- Adoption and Attachment Issues
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Behaviors
- Trauma History
- Adjustment Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Specialized DBT services for adolescents
- Specialized services and supports for transgender and gender nonconforming children and young people
- And others
We also offer a wide range of therapeutic groups for children of all ages as well as adults. We are currently offering the following groups:
- Social skills groups
- DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) – a full DBT skills training program for adolescents with poor coping skills; the program includes group and individual therapy, parent groups, and telephone consultation.
- Other group therapy programs are offered at times to address specific issues; please contact the Ellsworth Center at (508) 753-5425 for more information.
Counseling Center Successes and Statistics
The Ellsworth Center helps more than 250 children and family members – and sometimes even more – each week.
Results from a Client Satisfaction Survey about our clinical services consistently show that more than 95% of the people responding agree their children/families have improved as the result of our services.
The Ellsworth Child and Family Counseling Center is located at 20 Cedar Street in Worcester, Massachusetts. Please call us at 508.753.5425 for more information.
For a current group schedule, please call us at 508.753.5425.
The Counseling Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. A clinician is available to our clients by telephone for after-hours emergencies.